Saturday, July 11, 2009

Corn Report…

Some days are diamonds, other days…. well, let’s just say I’m a techno-idiot and I need a brain. While reading Robynn’s Ravings yesterday she told about a life changing experience. Windows Live Writer. Another blogger she reads had told her to go download it. It would provide her with a no-hassle way to write her blog, post pictures and more without the headaches of Blogger.

So why not check it out, Helen, I’m thinkin’? Maybe there is a way to blog that doesn’t involve cuss words and stompin’ around the house grumbling in frustration. I have it on my new computer, so let’s go see it dance and shine…

I’m here to testify right now in front of God and all you blogging friends. I could screw up a wet dream. Yep. I could…

I had to first go find WLW on my computer. No problem. I opened up my all programs screen (I know how to go there, I just don’t for sure know that’s what it’s called, but y’all do) and I found it, clicked on it and brought it up and did the happy sitting down dance thinkin’ oh boy I’m gonna tear it up on my corn report.

I loaded the pictures I took to show you all the growth of the corn. WLW even put them where I wanted them AT THAT MOMENT. Then I went back up to the top to start writing next to the first picture… It wouldn’t let me start where I wanted to start. The cursor, a good name for it by the way, would stay right beside the BOTTOM of the first picture. WTF? This can’t be happening. Robynn and two others she suggested I look at all said with happy tunes in their ‘voices’ and flowers dancing around their heads how easy WLW is to write on and post photos on then transfer to their blog.

Back to the drawing board for me. I guess I’m going to have to find someone with a lot of patience to help me figure out this computer stuff. Now I’m going to upload the photos I wanted to put on my corn report. I don’t have a clue where they will end up on here. Then I’m going to try to “transfer them to your blog”, not yours, of course, to mine. I was just quoting the tutorial…

So here’s mud in your eye, as I raise my glass of Diet Pepsi. We’ll see how it goes.corn 7.9.09 The good day corn is on the left. The bad day is to the right.the yard early July 09 022 Good.the yard early July 09 023 Bad.

You see where good and bad is typed next to the photo. That’s where WLW wanted me to start typing. If you look at every other post I’ve done I like to start at the top of the photo and write beside it. I tried moving the cursor by clicking at the top of the photo… no luck. It just showed up at the bottom like the above. I tried backspacing… took out the photo. I tried cursing the cursor and I swear I saw little hands waving on either side of it and a little pink tongue giving me the raspberries. Naner, naner poopoo.

I hope this will transfer to my blog. If it does, I’ll be ever so thankful. If not, I’m going to go pull weeds. It’s only supposed to get to 104 today and I’m hotter that that right now.

20 comments:

Robynn's Ravings said...

ROFL at your "cursor" remark. Ain't it the TRUTH?!! Okay, here's what I'm thinking (belt in when I say things like that).

You have to enable Picasa to store your photos because without it, you can write but not show pictures. WLW LOVES Picassa and doesn't love your own hard drive photos. If you put them up without Picasa (at least this was my experience) it will roll over in bed and ignore you and not let you write. OR, you can write but it won't load your photos. Once Picasa (a photo based system) is loaded, the two of them get married and live happily ever after and you can write anything you like.

Now, Picasa takes a little manuvering but mostly prompts and such. But if you get stuck, my IT dept. is here today. Hope you get all this worked out, for Corn's sake!

Katidids said...

THANK GOD I'm not the only one who has this problem!

Reddirt Woman said...

I started to say I have Picasa... but that was on the old laptop. I don't like trying to edit in Picasa though, but since I rarely edit anyway I will load it on here and see if that helps. I will say that the post loaded fine.

I hate being the 'older generation' trying to learn about this stuff.

Helen

Katidids said...

OK, I got it to work... posted with it...even put my name on the photo!...Here is the fix.....ready?
Hold your tounge in the OTHER side of your mouth.....I'm tellin ya thats all I did...no way was I asking the kids another time "how do I...."

Robynn's Ravings said...

Helen! I just sent you an email with our cell phone numbers. You are ordered to call us and let us help! (Us meaning BO!! :) )

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh. I find working with computers and anything computer related so frustrating! Glad to know I'm not alone.

Twisted Fencepost said...

Blogger must be a real pain in the patootee. I don't have much problem with Wordpress. Can I say that on a Blogger blog? Oh well, I just did. tee hee
The corn looks like it's doing great. Mine.....not so much.

Country Girl said...

I use Windows Live Writer and I really do love it.
When I start a post, I always hit the enter key several times and then begin uploading the pictures, putting returns between each one. It's just how I do it.
Then I go to the top and start writing, sometimes moving up a photo to where I want it. Also if you click on your photo, you can choose a border (or no border) on the right.
I've also got my html coded to allow big pictures, well 640 pixels on my blog.
Hope that helps, Helen!

Evansmom said...

I love love love the cursor comment. It is perfect! I share your frustration!

farmlady said...

My God, Helen, you can be so funny when your frustrated. I had the best laugh all day over your labels at the bottom of your post: Dumb stuff, Frustration,Mess, Oh shit, Suck it up, and Techno-idiot are hysterical.
I know this level of frustration and I realize that it's not that funny when these things happen..., but you are just one funny lady, my friend.
I have no advice for you because I'm a pathetic "techno idiot" myself.
I hope it all works out.

joanne said...

OK, I read your post several times...no go. Then I read all the comments very carefully. Then I read Debbie Jeans blog and shook my head uncontrollably. I came back here and re-read and decided i am also a techno-idiot, or old or something of the sort. What the hell are all you people talking about???

darsden said...

yes I am with JoJo on this one... WTF are ya'll talking about ... I do all my through blogger...is that not the way..pretty easy for me...except with blogger doesn't want to upload pictures timely!

emily said...

Can't really help you with your technology issues, but I'm thinking a little bit of rum in your Diet Coke might do wonders.

Thanks for your kind words! Good luck with your WLW.

Debbie said...

I have to agree with Farmlady. You are friggin hilarious when "techin it out" lol. The cursor comment I hollered!!!

I love Picasa. I don't have a new fangled computer so don't have the other thing. I can't even manage to get to the blog I have. I was reading today about container gardens and guess who popped into my head? YOU!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh....I laughed out loud at your melee, Helen! You were hysterical..(probably really were, too)...LOL....I thought is was darned funny, but sorry to see ya' suffer! Hope you get your "thingie" fixed and you feel better...Ahhhhh, still smilin'...

Staci said...

I am so glad there's somebody else out there who is flabbergasted by all this computerin' stuff. It took me about 3 weeks (I'm being generous to myself) to figure out how to put my email address as a link on my blog. Criminy! I need a cold one. In a frosty mug.

Tatersmama said...

Well, I read your post, then ran over and read Robynn's post, then went where she told us to go, and all I got out of it is a headache.
Cursor? I'll show you a cursor... a 54 year old one who can't figure all of this out either.
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks... so just call me Ol'Dawg from now on. ;-)

But you? Girl, you had me laughing my arse off!

Sharon Rose said...

Helen. . . once again, you have me laughing out loud! That's all I can say. . . I love to come visit your blog!

GingerJar said...

Well I must be a techo idiot of the highest quality. I figured out how to post a picture on my blog...one time...posted the same picture and the same blog twice...then decided I'd just word paint from now on. LOL.

Tipper said...

Wow what you went through to post those picture!! And I thank you!! Your corn looks great! My 2 remaining stalks are about the same size as yours-and they were both planted on the 'good day'. Good luck with figuring out the new program!