Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wanna Get Married?

 

Or should I just put ‘em up for auction on ebay? The zucchinis, not the Crocs.  I picked these biggies this afternoon.  

 zucchini 7.15.09 005 I have to admit that I knew these were growing and wanted to see how big they’d get before I picked them… I couldn’t stand it any longer (no pun intended).  I didn’t want them to go bad.   Seventeen inches long.

zucchini 7.15.09 004Do ya think the zucchini plants like the red dirt? These are my OU Crocs that I throw on to run outside and check on the dogs or to water the barrels… So I thought I’d shoot the zuccs with them so you’d get an idea of the size.  The size is women’s 8-9 or mediums in Croc sizing. This was before I found the tape measure. I didn’t want anyone to think they were ‘baby crocs’.

Now for the weigh-in….

DRUMROLL

>

>

>

>

zucchini 7.15.09 002 Yep.  Eight pounds.  That’s 3.62873 kilograms.

Anyway you look at it it’s a lot of zucchini!!!

Planted and watered and lovingly encouraged to grow to an excellent post size for your viewing pleasure by the old red dirty dirt girl.

Snork.

19 comments:

Aleta said...

Ohhhh YUMMMMMM Fried Zucchinis. Oh MAN, I have SUCH a hankering for friend zucchini now!!!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I think I'll steer clear of that one! Dirty, dirty girl!

darsden said...

yea I am not falling for the shoes not being baby shoes...LOL they look extremely small..
Them are some big ums

I don't eat zucchinis...let alone.. like becky dirty dirty girl..like your bluejeans

Mary Ellen said...

Once they get that big, it's zucchini bread all the way. I LOVE zucchini bread. I'd be glad to send you my address if you like...

Tatersmama said...

Mmmm... fried zucchini...zucchini fritters... zucchini bread....ratatouille, the list is endless!
That does it. I'm planting zucchini this year, because I LOVE the stuff!

(I love my crocs! I have 'em in 8 different colors and wear 'em all the time... though the old guy makes me change out of them when we go out!)

joanne said...

dirty, dirt girl..have you now shame!! Those are some biggin' zuch's. What in heck are you going to do with them? Take care ddg..;p

joanne said...

that would be NO shame...now..ya know...I don't make sense all the time.

Robynn's Ravings said...

Emersome bigguns!!! What'd you SAY to 'em?!

Unknown said...

>Wanna Get Married?

Be careful what you ask for. I'll check with the wife and see if she's ok with it.

Lose the courgettes before we tie the knot though. I can't stand them.

Lonicera said...

I've become so accustomed to bloggers' drumrolls before announcing how much weight they've lost, that yours took me by surprise and really made me laugh.
I know them as courgettes, and I quite like them as long as they're still crunchy when eaten, and preferably in a stir-fry. I've never seen any that size though. I wonder if you have local fairs at which you could enter a competition?? Those are winners. Daren't ask what you put in the soil to get them that big!!
Caroline

Laura ~Peach~ said...

bradley weighed 8 pounds when he was born LOL

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I can't stop staring at your zucchinis. ;)

Hallie

Evansmom said...

I vote for chocolate zucchini cake!

Tina said...

pshaw-you don't need my husband-your zucchinis are wayyy bigger than he is. hahahahahaha

Tina

Nola said...

Waaahhaaa at Tina....you don't need my fella either:)
How about you put those two beauties in the freezer so you have something cool to slip into later on?? waahahahahahah
I am sooooo naughty....but so are you!!

hetty said...

17 inches? Wow. You sure know how to grow 'em! Let me look into my crystal ball.... ahhh, yes.... zucchini muffins, zucchini bread, fried zucchini, zucchini pancakes, zucchini lasagna....... Sorry no weddings!

Margaret Hall said...

Snork..lol....Well, let's see, Zuc bread, Zuc muffins, Zuc in stir fry, Zuc broiled with cheese, ...oh the possibilities!! And, no we are not thinking you dirty reddirt...lol

Sharon Rose said...

So, Helen, (as I am being carnal) what I hear you saying is size does matter?

Great job on growing the Zooky-nookies! (that's what my son called them when he was a toddler).

Caution/Lisa said...

My zucchini plants died. I'm glad it happened while I was gone so I can blame the dogsitter. How did you eat them? Fried? In bread?