Monday, July 20, 2009

What A Corny Gal...

Did you know that Johnson & Johnson is coming out with a new product?


A frozen BandAid.




Yep. It's for cold cuts...


I love corny jokes. Probably because of how I was raised. In a house where corny jokes and puns ruled.

Time for the corn report. This middle photo the good day corn is on the right.

The bad day corn is on the left.

I took this from the north end of the bed. The other two photos I took from the south end of the bed so the good day corn you'll see on the left.

It looks odd to my eye to see the photo this way because I'm sorta lazy and the end closest to the house is the south end so that's where I usually take the pictures...


There... doesn't that look more natural?


I was in the back bedroom today and someone started beating on my window. I raised the shade and Carol was out there in her chair. She's pointing to the back fence so I raised the other window shade that looks out east toward the back fence and there was a nice sized white tailed doe walking along on our side of the fence. She's probably a two year old and she looked in great shape. I didn't have time to get my camera before she went back through the brush and over the fence.

I may have to get some corn to supplement the grass they eat and try to get them comfortable to come by for a snack so I can get photos. I had seen tracks along our south fence line a year ago and about a month ago I saw tracks going through the garden.

That's all from red dirt land this evening. I've got some more garden photos I want to share but it's late and blogger isn't wanting to load any more photos so piss on 'em I'll put them up tomorrow with windows live writer.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your 'cold cuts' joke...!! Your corn is certainly takin' it's time, huh? And, the deer, hope that you catch a glimpse of her for us....Will be back soon for the new photos..Have a great week!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

You know you can go to a store and buy corn???

Hallie :)

Evansmom said...

Have a great week! What type of corn are you growing?

Aleta said...

Hehe. Greg LOVES jokes like that. I'll have to share it with him. Awwwww, I wish you the camera handy for the deer. I love to see deer. They are so graceful and sweet.

Sharon Rose said...

Funny joke!!!
So, maybe you could start a deer preserve when the corn is ready to harvest!

Robynn's Ravings said...

You always make me laugh with your attitude. And BTW, I LOVED talking to you on the phone. I knew we'd be like old friends! If I said that already, forgive me. I'm brain damaged from ear and tooth toxicity!

Lisa said...

You are funny you silly girl. We are still going to have to do pictures!!!! Maybe studio pics here at the house. Are you coming to Tulsa anytime soon? Sorry things have not worked out as of yet!

Terry said...

Howdy Helen
I love corny jokes,puns and well growing up we all got picked at picked on and thats just how it was .
Now I seem to have passed this on to my own family.
I could not imagine life any other way.
Thank you for sharing the garden photos.
I bet that Doe has her eye on the garden prize already picked out .
Have a nice restful evening.
I am sorry to hear about blogger but at least now I know it is not just me .
Blessings to you Reddirt Woman !
Happy Trails

hetty said...

I love corny jokes!
Question - What did the baby corn say to the mamma corn?
Answer - Where's my popcorn?
Can't wait to see some photos of your deer!

Debbie said...

Too Funny!!

I can't wait to see deer pics. How cool!!!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Laura ~Peach~ said...

love to see the deer... and corny jokes are thebest.... hugs :)

GingerJar said...

What's a slow day in Oklahome???

It's watching the corn grow.

Ok. CORNY...but the corn is growing slowly.

Here, they combined the grain across our road yesterday. They will be breaking and planting the "fall" stuff soon.

Tipper said...

Thanks for the corn report-looks like yours is doing well-unless the sweet deer decides to take a nible : )

Twisted Fencepost said...

We love corny jokes, too. What's really fun is when we are sitting in a group and the corny jokes just start rolling.
Glad your corn, well part of it, is doing well. But that's what we expected, huh?

Anonymous said...

The matchless message ;)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, I shall agree with your opinion

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, a useful idea


There is a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you Hot Health