Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Little Bit Of This...


A little bit of that...

When all else fails and I can't decide what I want to blog about I figure I can always go to my "junk drawer" of stuff family and friends send to me or photos I take of things that catch my weird eye.

This first one is a motorcycle topiary that I saw when I was walking around Las Vegas. Now how cool is that? Find a few parts around and stick in a shrub, do some artful trimming and don't forget to water.


I love vanity license plates. And this is one of the best I've seen. I had to take a phot0 so I could send it to my baby brother and s.i.l. to give to her
daughter that we teased about being a drama queen.

I don't know if they sent it to her or not, but it tickled my funny bone.








This one I'd like to have to give to one of my nieces. Obviously, she has chi-hua-huas as I call them. I keep telling Carol that if she thinks my schnauzers are barky, she ought to go down to Texas with me when I go visit Launa and meet her babies. She has three or four unless they have had babies or someone in the house has brought another one home.




And here's one of those places that is never there when you need it. Boy, I could have spent some money in there more than once in my life.








When the evening of running around is done you can settle in and have a redneck fish dinner. Someone has been watching the food channel and decided to fancy up their plate.

This is the only way I'd eat 'octopus'. I thought that this was a great presentation, but we all know that I'm a twisted sister...





And if you really want to catch fish for that dinner, you can get most any kind of bait you want at this place... or if you have a bad sub-dermal hematoma from banging your shin tryin' to haul that fish in, you can even have leeches right handy to suck the blood out of the hematoma.


Well, that's all for now folks. Come back and see me again now, ya hear?

17 comments:

darsden said...

great ones Helen...too fun I love the license plate too and the shit creek store...hilarious!

Debbie said...

I'm one to check out all vanity plates and marvel at their creativity. I loved the "paddle" store LOL LOL

Ain't life grand? :)

Beth said...

That reminds me, I need to make a note to get a paddle. I keep finding myself without one.

Mary Ellen said...

The Live Bait sign reminds me of one of the things I can't stand about rural Maine. If you go into a convenience store here to get coffee, you usually have to get the cream out of the nearest cooler. Right next to the worms. Yup. They keep the nightcrawlers on the shelf next to the half-and-half, right above the Snapple.

Ewwwww.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I fell in that creek too many times to count. And I still don't have a paddle. Where is that place again?

Robynn's Ravings said...

Ok, woman. Love these but I been lookin' for Shit Creek's paddle all my life. Thanks for the 10-20! You're the BEST!~

joanne said...

What the hell has happened to everyone????...;p

Unknown said...

The paddle store reminds me of a bait shop we had here in the area when I was little. It made national news once. It is called, "Master Baiters".... Really caught everyone's attention. It took me many years to find out what all the hubbub was about. One I had to be able to read, then I had to understand what that meant so I was in high school before that happened. I guess I was a little slow, but those times were a little slower than nowadays!

Caution/Lisa said...

I think if I would just see life through your eyes more often, things would be fine. :)))

hetty said...

Great post Helen! Love that fish dinner. And where did you say that paddle store was? I've been in that Creek many times and could have used a paddle!

DocSly said...

Helen, where do you come up with such pictures. I love the Shit Creek store - might use that one in a teacher presentation. Too funny!

Terry said...

Howdy
I don't get cool stuff like this from family .
I do have an Uncle who sends me stuff when he forwards to all the guys and forgets :)
About this time I usually get a little bit Red no a lot red in the face.
I have learned to delete Uncles forwards before opening :)
Bet my Aunt would pull the plug on his computer if she saw some of the stuff !
Anyway back to your great photos They are fantastic ,glad you got bored and shared.
Paddles sure come in handy !
Take care.
Happy Trails

Sharon Rose said...

Helen, the comments below the pictures are as funny as the pics themselves! The paddle store should be a franchise we can all go to in our own cities and towns. . . . cause you know we've all been that at least once. . . :)
Stop by my place and pick up a gift I left for you! And have a lovely day!

Alice said...

I love the artfully arranged hot dog! I wish I could be that clever. But if you get me to cook a hotdog you're doing good!!! :)

Aleta said...

That is just wrong, wrong, wrong to do to a hotdog. Don't know if I'd ever eat another one without thinking of that picture! Lol.

Loved the creek paddle store. Hehe.

Nola said...

Once again a great read!!! I might make up some hotdogs like that and serve them up to Ricky....see what he says!!! lol

Roslyn said...

Great collection of photos-my favorite is the motorcycle, very cool to have that in your front yard! But the Shit Creek Paddle Store takes the prize. As for the plate of- yikes what is that????