Sunday, May 17, 2009

Flowers For My Cousin...



My dear, sweet cousin Carol lost her husband yesterday.

Butch was run over by a momma cow several years ago, knocked into the fence and paralyzed from the chest down.
He had to be tended to 24/7, and most of that time it was Carol who cared for him.

Now she will have to go on to the next chapter of her life.
She knows I'm not much help, other than being here for her. I don't cook, so I won't be taking a casserole to the house, but she has a very good church family and those Baptist ladies can cook up a storm.

I thought and thought about what I could do that was special, just for her to let her know I was with her, lifting her up, and I decided on this... Flowers for Carol.



If she's having a bad night, she can come here and know that she is special.

If it's a gloomy day, she can click on the flowers and see the raindrops that the good Lord sends to help them grow and know sometimes it's our tears that help us to grow.














Day by day, the sunlight will start to play on the petals, almost like a dance, and she will once again be able to smile with the appreciation of an unknown tune that the flowers are dancing to...











Then the colors and textures will all be coming together again, blending the fabrics of her life back into the streams of the rest of her life and that of her family and friends.















Carol, this is for you. In the memory of Butch, and the things you had and did together over the years. He is at peace now. No pain, he can feed himself and he can walk the fields, and maybe even smile.

Carol, this is for you... I love you, Cuz.

16 comments:

Staci said...

Helen, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

What a special gift you have given to your cousin.

darsden said...

OH Helen, I am so sorry to hear about Butch! Those are the most beautiful words and inscriptions with the flowers. Just beautiful honey just beautiful. Lovely tribute to your couzin and Butch. Deepest Sympathy to the family.

Lonicera said...

Here's to Butch and Carol - a moving tribute.
Caroline

Debbie said...

What a lovely tribute to Butch. My heart and prayers are with you and the family.

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Robynn's Ravings said...

O Helen, what a beautiful gift of words you gave to your dear cousin but I am so sorry for her loss. What a road they had to travel. How things happen in an instant and change our lives forever.

I am so glad she has loving people, like you, to surround her. My prayers and thoughts will be with all of you.

Much Love,

Robynn

Tatersmama said...

What a lovely tribute to Butch and a wonderful gift for Carol. My heart goes out to her - and to all your family.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

Beth said...

How sweet of you. I'm so sorry for your cousin. Knowing she has such thoughtful family members will surely get her through this difficult time.

Terry said...

Oh Honey
There just never seem to be the right words when we come to life changes.A wonderful tribute of love and respect you have provided.
Beautiful flowers ,they can do far more healing than you could imagine .
Just know ya'll are all in my heart and in my prayers .
You do know Red Dirt women can handle any tradgedy life throws at them with a stiff upper lip.
They have perfected pulling up the boot straps.
Just the same it never hurt anybody to hear they are loved and thought about .
Blessings to you and all your kin .
hugs.

Twisted Fencepost said...

That is one of the most beautiful posts I've ever read!
Brought tears to my eyes.
My condolences to you and your family. Peace be with you!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

thoughts and prayers for carol and the rest of your family...beautiful wonderful flowers you have there!

DocSly said...

Helen, I am sending my prayers for you and your cousin and also thanking God for your beautiful words and pictures on your blog. You are a most special person. God bless you and yours. Sylvia

farmlady said...

What a gift of love this is. A sanctuary of beauty and kind thoughts that your cousin can come to again and again. A truly thoughtful tribute to your cousin's husband.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

What a wonderful post. You have a way with words...

Hallie

Tipper said...

So sorry for your Cousins loss. I think what you've done is a beautiful gesture to her!

hetty said...

So sorry to hear about Butch. What a beautiful tribute. You have such a way with words and the flowers are lovely. My condolences to you, your cousin and the rest of the family. My thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

Lisa said...

Helen, sorry to hear of the loss in your family, but I sure did like the way you honored Butch with the flowers for Carol to look at. I too hate funerals...have all my life, had a phobia about them. Finally as I have gotten older I have come to deal with it better. I am glad to know I am not the only one like that. My heart really does go out to you. Please please please lets get together soon. I am going to Lawton the 27th!!??