Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Whew...

Well, I've survived another Christmas at my baby brother's in Ft. Worth. I say survived because, literally, there is a whole mess of kids and grandkids. Since my brother and his first wife divorced, the kids split time at Christmas and this year they all came over in the late afternoon for gifts and supper. There ended up being about 50 of us. What fun.

Ben smoked pork loin, pork chops, ribs and chicken breasts, turkey breasts and then everyone brought something to go with it, mac and cheese, green beans, potatoes and so on so forth. We all ate until we foundered, then ate desserts.

Home-made banana pudding, turtle cheese-cake pies, cookies, fudge, turtles, more cookies... I couldn't bend over to tie my shoes for two days. We have some folks in our family that can flat out cook.

Then, on Friday, all of us sibs got together. All three of my brothers and my sis and I met for lunch to visit and we got one of the nephews to take our picture together. My sister went home after lunch because she was suffering with a pulled muscle in her back from lifting something too heavy (probably a grand baby) on Christmas day, and baby brother and his wife went home because her back was needing heat.

Bro and I went over to our oldest brother's home and visited with them for about an hour. It was so nice. I hadn't had a visit with them for much longer than to say hi for about three years. As soon as I get photos, I'll post one or two up so you can all share.

In the meantime, I'm going to play catch-up on my reading and see if I can come up with ideas for my blog. It is good to be back.

5 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Glad you survived!

Hallie :)

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks for the fabulous poem on my blog. You've got a real talent there, so if you have trouble with paragraph-style posts, try poetry!

Nola said...

Wow...sounds like a fantastic Christmas!! Nothing better than being surrounded by family and friends:) I can't wait to see the photos!

Twisted Fencepost said...

Visits with family are GREAT.
Tiring.
But GREAT.
Good luck on your idea searching!

Tipper said...

Sounds like a super time for all!