Sunday, April 5, 2009

C'mon Now Y'all...

I'm blushing.

To clarify, since several people asked... It was not during any sort of attempt at a strange Kama Sutra pose... It was just one of those 'see if you can do it' sort of things when I was about 9 or 10.

I was long-legged, skinny, flat chested and limber and I'm sure one of my sibs probably issued the challenge to see if I could put both feet behind my head, because I showed them I could put one foot behind my head. It was probably one of those snide comments like, "So what... But can you get both of 'em up there?" Naturally, I had to do it just so I could say, "Naner, naner, poo, poo!" at them because I could do it.

I will say, since we're keeping it real, that when I got older there were times when I dang sure could've put them behind my head if I'd thought about it, since they were back to my shoulders anyhow...

17 comments:

darsden said...

LOL, you geaux girl...ya know we were just picking on ya :-) who could refuse not to tease you about that...surely NOT me. Happy Sunday to you!

Debbie said...

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to do this. Did I say I pulled my back out? LOL

Just kidding, although back in the ballet days, age 5, could do it!

Elenka said...

ha, ha....I've always been lucky to put one foot in front of the other, never mind anywhere else.

Twisted Fencepost said...

I could put my feet behind my head. A LONG TIME AGO!
I'll not elaborate on that last paragraph. We'll just leave it up to the imagination. Hahahahah

hetty said...

Glad you set us straight! Kama Sutra? That never entered my mind!! But now that you've mentioned it.......Thanks for making me smile!

Tatersmama said...

Honey, don't worry about it...LOL! I've been there and done that, but unfortunately, it never entered my mind to try it while I was married. ;-)

farmlady said...

Is that really the WHOLE story?

Mary Ellen said...

Whatever situation caused you to be putting your feet up behind your head, I'm all impressed. And jealous.

Nola said...

Yeah....I am just plain impressed too...whatever the bloody reason!! lol, lol

Caution/Lisa said...

I think I'm too young to read this blog anymore!!

Tipper said...

Have mercy-you should be blushing :)

joanne said...

I don't think I believe you Helen ;D

Shelby said...

love darsden's comment, "you geaux girl".. have to save that phrase. enjoyed the visit here this morning. happy wednesday and cheers! :)

Alice said...

This made me blush a little too. :) But mostly it made me laaaauuuuuggggghhhhh.... :)

Tatersmama said...

LOL... It's been 4 days since your last post ( yeah, I'm counting ;-)
so what's going on?
Is your leg stuck again or something???
*SNORT*
xoxoxoxo

darsden said...

tatersmama-rotflmao...dang it I wish I had come up with that.

Where is our homie at!

Caution/Lisa said...

I've been trying to follow your blog, but it keeps bringing up a picture of me that isn't on my blog. I am puzzled.