Wednesday, February 18, 2009
This, Helen Gardner, Is Some Of Your Life...
It's a bit past due, quit laffin' Dar, but after much meditation and many scenarios, I decided that 100 Things about me was fair enough to be requested. The proviso is if I'm going to do this, I am going to do this with the help of photos. To the left is moi at about 2 1/2.
You see I get embarrassed talking about myself, but by using pictures I'm only telling a story. It will be about thing in my life, but the pictures could be my props and it won't seem like I'm braggin' about ma-self, don't cha' know.
And feel lucky if you get 10 at a time, cause I did 10 for Honest Scrap and it about wore me out, so be knowing I has to has a break for a while after spilling my guts. So here goes...
1. I was born and reared in Okla. City. This photo was taken at my Aunt Macks and Uncle Bud's place at S.E. 15 and High. More later on them.
2. I have a birthmark on my butt. No photo ---yet.
3. I have flannel flamingo pjs.
4. I've always wanted to live on a beach
5. I'm legally blind so must wear glasses at all times when I'm out of bed because I literally have been know to walk into posts... and apologize.
6. I learned to ride a bike, my oldest sister's when I was about 4. There was no way I could even get close to the seat, except in the middle of my back because it was a big girl bike. So I stood and peddled and steered hanging on to handlebars above my head. Now they call 'em 'ape hangers'.
7.That was the summer I was bitten in the face by my aunt and uncle's farm dog. Scared hell out of everyone but me. Head wounds bleed bad and, yes, even 60 years later I still have scars, one on my bottom lip and another in my left eyebrow.
8. This was also the summer that my Uncle Bud tried to teach me to milk a cow, but I didn't get very good until I was about 6 because my hands were chubby little things and not very strong.
9. I started washing dishes when I was about 5. Mom would set the kitchen stool up to the sink for me and let me wash the silverware and non-breakables. I was a big help, I just know I was.
10. I loved school. I was so excited to get started in kindergarten because then I be a big girl like my two older sisters. Tried to put these three photos side - by- side but blogger has ideas of it's own... These 3 were taken on my first day of kindergarten and I was so excited to go to school that I could hardly be still. I don't know why the photos are the way they are... perhaps I ought to google Google to try to fix the problem... or would we find that it would be an exercise in futility. I have figured out that Google sometimes has a mind of it's own and I wonder if his name is "Hal". (name that movie) (L. click = Bigger)