Tuesday, February 3, 2009
My First Award...
Gingerjar gave me the Honest Scrap Award. The rules for the Honest Scrap award -
The honorees are to:
(a)First, list 10 honest things about yourself and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep...
(b)Pass the award on to 7 people you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap award.
Simple, right? I don't think so... but here goes...
1. I'm not one to be dishonest, but I also don't like saying anything that might hurt someone. So don't ask my opinion if you don't want to know.
2. If anyone ever came to my home on a surprise visit, my mom would roll over in her grave because usually it is cluttered with piles of magazines and catalogs, etc. that I like to double check or re-read before I give up and get rid of them. Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for the looks of the house, I'm not the only one around here that has piles... (not the medical kind!)
3. I am a HUGE procrastinator, unless it is something I really want to do. Then it gets done pretty quick.
4. The older I get the more picky I am about being late if I'm committed to being somewhere. This has been a radical change in my life.
5. I hate to get started on house cleaning, but once I get started, stay-the-hell-out-of-my-way, and I don't like to half-ass clean.
6. My temper and my anxiety level have both increased dramatically the last several years... and I hate that about myself.
7. I love to create jewelry, to draw, to paint, to do stained glass work and I have things in all those categories that I've started and not finished...for years.
8. There is one pointillism ink drawing that I feel if I ever finish it I will be done with my life. So it will probably never be finished. And I have no idea why I feel that way.
9. My needs are simple, but my wants are way more than I have money or energy for... and sometimes that gets really difficult for me to cope with.
10. I love doing things for other people, but sometimes I resent having to do other things for people... if that makes any sense.
Whew... That was not an easy task, but I will have to say it is somewhat cathartic... Gives me a glimpse into why a person would write an autobiography.
Okay... for 7 folks that I'm passing this award on to:
Silence Is Broken
My New Thing To Do
Cowboys, Kids and Sunsets
The Bliss Of It All
Now I have a question for all of my adoring fans... Someone told me that when you (or me), as a blogger, reaches 100 posts, that you are supposed to write 100 things about yourself and your world. Sort of an unwritten blog rule thing. Did I miss that in the unwritten blogging rules?
I knew all of you would be the best people I could ask! Thanks.