Sunday, August 17, 2008

Row, Row, Row Your Boat...

I'm sitting here this beautiful Sunday morning watching the sculling competition from Beijing. I love the Olympic Games, and I especially enjoy watching the sculls. I have always wanted to try rowing. It just looks so peaceful, out on the water, pulling on your oars in such a rhythmical beat, in tune with yourself, the boat, the water. I don't have any idea where this desire was born or why I feel so drawn to it, but I hope, before I die, to be able to try it to see if it is all that I feel that it would be. Knowing me, I would probably tip over, but then I never had been afraid of getting wet. Come to think of it, as long as I can remember I've had people telling me I'm all wet anyway.

Ahhh, if you don't have dreams, what do you have?

2 comments:

joanne said...

Every time I watch the Olympics I have that little fantasy...that could be me. HA! It's fun to dream though ;)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Pus filled moobs would have made a great MORBID MONDAY!!

Hallie :)