Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spreckles...


Remember when I wrote about the new surprise baby? Way back in July... the 9th and how I had to get out to the country to take some photos to share of the little cutie patootie?

October 6th and I finally got out here for a visit. Took my camera out this afternoon and, just for you all because you are all so special to me, I took a bunch of pictures and she is even cuter in person. Or donkeydom or real life or whatever.



Here's the cutest 3 month old I think I've ever seen. Donkey or human. But then I tend to be prejudice towards four-legged critters because I don't have to worry about changing poopie diapers if I'm stuck alone with them for any stretch of time. Babies know, like cats, when people aren't comfortable with them or their poopie diapers, babies not cats. I wouldn't change diapers on a cat either but I digress...

We are talking about this little cutie.

Spreckles.




Check out these wonderful ears, the fuzzy forehead and the cute little nose... a baby's curiosity.























I love how she and her momma would act like they were grazing, all the while checking out that 2-legged critter with a funny black thing in front of her face...


I love how the little fuzzy butt stayed real close to mom while checking me out. I squatted down to be less imposing to the little girl and I talked to sweet Jenny who remembered my voice and ambled over to see if I had brought her treats like I did when I was living out here. I didn't have any but by mom coming to me Spreckles was way more comfortable for her photo shoot.




Okay, Ms. Gardner... I'm ready for my picture to be taken...

While this is not the best photo of her I had to put this shot in because I was telling Cuz and Walter how the way her fur was growing on her face made her look like she has 'mutton chops' growing down her little cheeklets.

Anyway, my girls and I are enjoying a couple of days of unfettered (unleashed) walks, the girls are smelling every leaf and blade of grass and are enjoying their strolls with Spud and sometimes Lucky, my cousin Carol's Jack Russell indoor dog and the found Lucky with the gimpy paw who watches over things on the outside.

It's been too long since we've been out to visit in the country but with the extraordinary heat of the summer and me feeling so lousy for so long... well, it has been too long away. After watching the girls run and buck with Spud I won't be staying away this long again. I will need to get treats for Jenny and Spreckles and start the spoiling again. It's too much fun to scratch their long ears.

7 comments:

farmlady said...

Sweet Jenny is a beautiful donkey but this foal is amazing. I have never seen a donkey with color like this. Spreckles is just adorable.
Thanks for sharing photos with us and anytime you feel the need to do this again... go for it. Can we watch her grow up. Please.
Love the post.

Lonicera said...

You've turned me gaga. I've always loved horses, ponies, donkeys and even mules. New people at my local camera club would ask what it meant when people spoke of the "R Factor" in photography, and we used to tell them that they were spelling it wrong. It was the "Aaaaaaaaaah Factor" when you heighten your chances of winning competitions by photographing cute animals...
I'd do like you - sit on the ground and wait for them to get near, and be in seventh heaven when they allowed me to stroke their velvety noses. Aaaaaah....
Thanks Helen!
Caroline

Debbie said...

Oh Helen, not sure what's more wonderful...the happiness in your voice or Ms. Jenny the Adorable!!!

Yes, you need to get back out there pronto. Good for your soul, sweetie.

These are wonderful captures and your words are perfect captions!! I wanna go!!!!!

Happy post!!!

Sara said...

What a sweet baby! Love those long ears. Enjoy your country visit.

hetty said...

Spreckles is adorable! Such a pretty colour and those long ears... too cute. Your photos are fantastic. Now find some treats and get back out there and enjoy your stay.

Tatersmama said...

You are a baaaad influence on me, Sass! You've given me a bad case of "gimme's"!!! I want okra, and seeds for those vine things and veggies.... and now I want a baby just like this one too!
I enlarged the photo, and I just kept finding parts that made my heart melt! Ears, mane, her eyes, the backs of her tiny little legs... *sigh* She's just perfect in every way!! <3

IISAFETY said...

Wow, she's so adorable! Wanna hug her myself. Hope she'll be given proper care and also for her mother so she'll live longer. Glad that you post this blog. Thanks!