Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back To Blonde...

I have been on a tighter than usual budget because of car repair expenses so when I got my hair cut last week most of the blonde was cut off.  I didn't think much of anything about it until today.  I took Carol to the doctor (in the wheelchair van that has been giving us some problems) and after she was finished with her appointment we decided to splurge and went to McAllister's and split a baked potato with everything but sour cream (I don't do sour cream) and a wonderful chef salad.  Had a nice leisurely lunch/supper then headed back out to the van to come home.  It decided that it didn't want to start.  It has done this several times in the last 3 months but has been running good for the last couple of weeks after our bad gas episode.  Anyway, after giving the old van a half hour to contemplate how bad I was going to cuss it out if she didn't start, I had Carol call her sister to come get her and I called AAA.  I don't know if I've told you all how thankful I am to have AAA but I've been a member since 1969 if that give you a clue.  I've had to have either my little pickup or the van towed four times just in the last two months and there has never been any extra charge.

But I digress, as I often do, even more often as I get older... ahhhumm... back on track now. I sat outside on the patio, in the shade, at McAllister's and waited for the tow truck to show up. About 5:30 the truck pulled up and the driver gets out and asked what was wrong.  Me, "It won't start."  He, "What does it do?". Me, "It turns over and tries to start but then doesn't."  Okay says he, let's give it a try.  I said it will probably start for you... and sure enough it started right up!  He kind of gave me that raised eyebrow look that we all hate to get and I apologized just short of profusely and he patted my arm and said it's okay like you would say to a little old blue-hair that had run over your toe with her wheelchair...

I'm going next week to get my hair bleached back to blonde.  I would rather be thought of as a ditsy blonde than a little old lady that doesn't know how to get her flippin' car started.  The worst thing about getting old is, well, getting old.

11 comments:

Tatersmama said...

Bwahaha!!! Forget the blonde, Sass... go pink! They'll never mistake you for an old lady again!
But as far as cars go, I swear they do that kind of chit on purpose... Grrr! lol!

Debbie said...

Hey, you know, blondes always have more fun....LOL..

We have a old wheelchair van, that does us the same way.

I finally did a post!!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Robynn's Ravings said...

They do that just to embarrass us - the cars that is. The pat and the knowing look? They do that because they don't realize they are in danger of pulling back a bloody stump. He obviously didn't know who he was messin' with! Go blonde and get a great big tat!

joanne said...

did you read Margaret and Helen today....gasp! I'm sure you would look wonderful as a red-head. We are a special bunch...just sayin'

Debbie said...

ROFL I love your last statement! Amen to that :)

It seems like it's always something isn't it.

I decided today, I dislike the word "maintenance". It just means another darn chore...

xoxoxox

Roslyn said...

Ha, like you I am NOT ready to be gray!

Ness said...

I'm still debating whether to color my hair to get rid of the gray. If I could afford it, I would have it frosted with platinum blonde like I kept it years ago. They probably don't even pull hair through a frosting cap anymore! Take care. Love ya!

IISAFETY said...

Go girl, if you think that being blonde gives you confidence & that kind of happiness. Don't be discouraged with the word old for it's part of reality, just have a positive outlook about it, & everything will be alright. Good luck!

IISAFETY said...

Go girl, if you think that being blonde gives you confidence & that kind of happiness. Don't be discouraged with the word old for it's part of reality, just have a positive outlook about it, & everything will be alright. Good luck!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ufa88kh said...

Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very beneficial
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
ចាក់បាល់