Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Think Somebody Needs A Life...

I just read a story on the net about a guy that,because of his o.c.d. (he says), ate 23,000 Big Macs in 36 years... Now I don't know about you, but if I'm gonna have my 15 minutes of fame, I think I would want it to be something with a little more ooommph to it than eating 23,000 B.M. (pun intended) burgers. Maybe painting a picture so incredible that it would make grown men cry, or raising flowers so beautiful that women would faint. Laying the Fifth fleet or getting a boob job that would embarrass the Kissing Bandit... no, I don't think I would want the back ache from either of the above, but surely if I ever get my 'moment in the sun' I wouldn't want it to be for eating burgers and then blaming it on my o.c.d.

How about you all? What would you want your 15 minutes of fame to be? I've really never thought about it before reading the article, but it would be a good topic for discussion... and after momentarily thinking about it, I think I could handle my 15 minutes for winning the lottery... if I can only remember to buy the dang tickets...

5 comments:

Expat No. 3699 said...

I'd have to go with the lottery thing as well...because after the 15 minutes of fame you still have the money!

Twisted Fencepost said...

I'm with you on the lottery!
Oh, I'm sure he would still be carrying around those big macs, but I'd rather be carrying a sack full of money!

Michelle said...

Nope, not big macs for me. I think I would rather be known for ANYTHING other than eating that many big macs.

Alida Thorpe said...

How about being famous for doing something really good...like saving a baby from a burning building? Or helping some blind person? Or something noble?

The money would be spent, probably too quickly!

Nice post!

joanne said...

GAWD!! Helen, you crack me up! I saw that on the news...did you see his picture???? Scrawny...I don't get it. Yeah, I can think of alot of things to do with my 15 minutes...but I really enjoy your idea with the fifth fleet ;))